Phoenix Wrestling Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fantasy wrestling federation

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inwins and lossesTIPZ

Rising from the ashes - a wrestling federation is born

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyr
Admin
Tyr

Rising from the ashes - a wrestling federation is born Empty
PostSubject: Rising from the ashes - a wrestling federation is born   Rising from the ashes - a wrestling federation is born Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 12:20 am

The spotlights go out, leaving the arena in pure darkness. A quiet siren is to be heard, slowly tuning up to "Battle Ready", a fast and violent song of Otep. The guitars kick in pretty quick, and as soon as the drummer starts his job, the seats are buzzing because of the intensity the speakers deliver. Otep Shamaya, founder and singer of the band, is shouting her lyrics until during a slow moment the background voices shout "Come! Shadow soldiers!". In the moment the music kicks in with full force again, a huge series of multi-colored pyro explosions from all four ring corners, the ramp, the entrance stage, the lightning structure and every corner of the stage area roof fire up, emphasizing the song and dazzling the audience.

As the music and the fireworks end, the regular lights are back up and a big man is standing in the middle of the ring, wearing a black leather coat and hiding his head under a hood. He carries a microphone in his right hand, but for the first minute, he doesn't move a muscle while the crowd cheers in anticipation.

Finally he lifts both arms, showing the people in the arena to calm down so he can say what he wants to tell them. It takes a couple more seconds, but eventually he seems pleased with the result. The man lowers his left arm, the right with the microphone still up.

Hooded man: Good evening, ladies and gentleman! Welcome to the very first show of Phoenix Wrestling Alliance!

The crowd starts cheering again, forcing him to silence them again.

Hooded man: It has been a series of events that have led to this historic moment. To make things easier, I will try to explain these to you as fast as possible. It all started with a wrestling league called Galactic Wrestling Alliance. I have been a part of it's leaders stable "Legacy of Anarchy", but in the first place I was looking for opponents worthy of stepping in the ring with me. Some of those who faced me were, some were not. But the thing is, GWA had to close it's doors for good.

He pauses, letting his hidden eyes wander around the entire audience.

Hooded man: Unfortunately, there where words left to say, things left to do, opponents left to face, titles left to win. And not only for me, but for a lot of other members of GWA as well. So I thought a lot, came up with a couple of ideas and finally decided to do some research. This research led to me contacting most of the former GWA members. Some of them had similar thoughts like I had, some didn't. Those who agreed with me are here now as well. I guess you already know most of them, but that's not an important topic right now; you'll get to know them all very soon. Our agreement, however, lead to some more research, and that is why PWA has found it's home here, on the beautiful Eternal Islands!

The crowd literally explodes, obviously happy to be the home for a rising wrestling federation.

Hooded man: But I neither had the money, nor did I want to be in control around here! What I care about, what I love, is fighting. So I had to do even more research. I found the money on the account of a local resident and business man, who also happens to be the father of one of our roster members. It is a very special pleasure for me to introduce you to the man that paid for all and any of PWA's first bills without questioning, without asking for anything in return! Please give a big applause to Mr. Carter Bilodeu Senior!

The covered man in the middle of the ring doesn't show any emotion, but the crowd reacts just like he had asked for. After a while he raises his left hand again, and the attending people begin to calm down again.

Hooded man: So the money was not a problem anymore. The only thing left to take care about was the control. At this moment, I still have the absolute control about every contract of PWA, but as I said, I do not want to do this kind of business around here. So I had to look out for some people who would do that job for me. And I found them. Please welcome your general manager for wednesday's PWA show FIRESTORM: Julius Crane; and your general manager for saturday's PWA show REBIRTH: Jason Rowayne!

Once again, the crowd reacts with yet another loud cheering, as two men in expensive suits enter the entrance stage to the song "Rise of the Fallen" from Soulfly, the official theme of PWA Rebirth.

PWA boss: As I said, I didn't want any kind of real control here. So the first thing these two men had to do for PWA, was to create the five different PWA title belts, and of course to obtain them for PWA. Gentlemen, this is your moment. Please present the title belts to our attendance, and tell us a thing or two about it!

Jason Rowayne takes a step to the ring, but he quickly stops as he reaches for the microphone that is brought by one of the backstage crew members.

Jason: Thank you very much, sir. We have come up with some great designs. Unfortunately, the company that should produce these title belts has had some serious issues due to the last hurricane that almost entirely destroyed their facilities. Therefore, we are currently unable to present you any of these titles. But we got a promise from the company that we will have those titles ready for our first Pay-Per-View, when the finals of the title tournaments will be held and the first-ever PWA champions will be crowned!

The crowd reacts with a loud series of boo's for the first time tonight. Nobody was expecting such terrible messages this early on... And neither was the man in the black leather coat in the middle of the ring. His voice is a deep growl, as he approaches the ring ropes and faces Jason Rowayne and Julius Crane.

PWA boss: So you failed on your very first task for PWA already? Mr. Rowayne, I really hope that this is not an indicator of what we will have to expect from you in the future!

Jason seems very unpleased with the reaction he received from the attendance as well as from his boss.

Jason: I already told you, it was not the fault of any of us, nor was it the fault of the company we signed this deal with. It was a terrible disaster, caused by the most uncontrollable force in this world: nature itself. We...

PWA boss: Since you are right with the part that we can not control nature by any chance, I will let mercy have it's chance this time! But let me remind you: Failure is NOT an option! The next time either of you fail the Phoenix Wrestling Alliance, justice will be on duty, and trust me, I will be your judge, jury and executioner at the very same time! And I am a merciless executioner! You don't pay your bill, I will force you to!

Giving a first hint on his true personality, he already terribly scares the general managers of both shows in the first couple of minutes of their new jobs. Both men seem in a hurry to leave the stage right away. The hooded man waits for them to disappear, then he turns to the audience again.

PWA boss: Ok... back to our topics. The next thing I had to come up with, was a name for this federation. Since I recruited a couple of guys from GWA, I soon figured that there would only be one appropriate name. A name that stands for an attitude, a name that is connected with strength and power. A mythical creature "sponsored" it's name that unites these qualities, and more. You all know the saying "like Phoenix from the ashes", and nothing else is this federation! A couple of former GWA members rise from the ashes of GWA and continue their way to greatness! So it has been an easy decision to call this federation "Phoenix Wrestling Alliance", short "PWA"!

The crowd erupts again, and some "Phoenix, Phoenix" chants rise from the ranks and make their way until the direct ringside seats.

PWA boss: One last thing. No championship will be given away for free! And we also won't use the usual way to determine the number 1 contenders each season. Instead, we will run different kinds of tournaments each new season, with the respective winner facing the current champion at the seasonal Pay-Per-View! This season's tournaments will start on REBIRTH, but today, we will have a couple of random matches to decide which roster member will participate in either FIRESTORM or REBIRTH. The stipulation which show will get the winner will randomly be decided and made public right before the match.

He immediately lifts up both hands to stop the crowd from going wild once again, but his success in doing so is mediocre at best. So he waits a couple of seconds, before he closes his speech with the following sentence:

PWA boss: So I really hope you all will have a lot of fun tonight! Let's start the first-ever season of PWA!

OOC: This RP is closed. Any RP-reply will not find it's way into the show. Thank you Smile
OOC2: Any feedback is welcome, as long as it is your honest opinion. Please tell me what you like, and what you didn't like, and don't give a single shit about whether you could hurt my feelings or not Wink

Last edited by Tyr on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://phoenix-wa.forumotion.com
T-Wolf

T-Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Rising from the ashes - a wrestling federation is born   Rising from the ashes - a wrestling federation is born Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 12:25 am

ooc Technically GWA didnt close there doors for good? We just closed the book on TWG. Basically we just stopped showing our shows on the TWG network.
Back to top Go down
Spriorite

Spriorite

PostSubject: Re: Rising from the ashes - a wrestling federation is born   Rising from the ashes - a wrestling federation is born Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 12:30 am

OOC: I liked it! I picked up a few spelling mistakes but only a hardened grammar nazi like myself would notice so don't worry.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse

Eternal Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Rising from the ashes - a wrestling federation is born   Rising from the ashes - a wrestling federation is born Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 2:46 am

Haha! My dad is the one funding of PWA. That gives me a connections advantage
Back to top Go down
Tyr
Admin
Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Rising from the ashes - a wrestling federation is born   Rising from the ashes - a wrestling federation is born Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:40 am

T-Wolf wrote:
ooc Technically GWA didnt close there doors for good? We just closed the book on TWG. Basically we just stopped showing our shows on the TWG network.

I know, I know. I took it that way to have a reasonable explanation why some of the GWA members are still on a TWG fed. It was not meant to offend you, I just wanted to keep things a bit TWG related since it's a microcosmos on it's own (and I am not sure how much the staff would like a reference to, let's say, some kind of new competition on the wrestling-based browsergame market, even if it's just forum-based - and let's be honest, GWA-E is a huge competition for TWG). I never intended to discredit you, Abe, GWA or anything else GWA-related, especially since I really enjoyed the time I've had and will enjoy the time that I'll still have there.
Give me a hint of how you would like this problem to be solved, and I'm pretty sure we'll be able to get a solution acceptable for you and me as well Wink

Spriorite wrote:
OOC: I liked it! I picked up a few spelling mistakes but only a hardened grammar nazi like myself would notice so don't worry.

So what did I do wrong? I'm kind of a grammar nazi myself as well, so update me or I'll continue making such mistakes again and again, and if it's just for the sake of bothering you Very Happy

Eternal Eclipse wrote:
Haha! My dad is the one funding of PWA. That gives me a connections advantage

Actually, no Razz He gave the money, that's all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spriorite

Spriorite

PostSubject: Re: Rising from the ashes - a wrestling federation is born   Rising from the ashes - a wrestling federation is born Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 3:52 pm

It was all simple spelling mistakes but I'll point um out ...

"A quietly siren is to be heard", Shouldn't it be "quiet"?

"It has been a series of events that have lead to this historic moment", I think it's "led".

"So I thought a lot, came up with a couple of ideas and finally decided to do some of research", I don't think there should be an "of".

"This research lead to me contacting most of the former GWA members", should be "led" again.

"But we got a promise by the company that we will have those titles ready for our first Pay-Per-View", I think "by" should be "from".

"like phoenix from the ashes", I think there should be an "a" after "like".

" before he closes his speach with the following sentence:", It should be "speech".

That's all the stuff I found wrong but then I'm not the ultimate master of the english language (I wish I was), so I might be wrong too.

EE> I can totally see a storyline coming out of your dad giving us the money

Back to top Go down
Tyr
Admin
Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Rising from the ashes - a wrestling federation is born   Rising from the ashes - a wrestling federation is born Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 12:48 am

You're right, I totally agree with you, except this one:

Spriorite wrote:
"like phoenix from the ashes", I think there should be an "a" after "like".

After some research, I figured that the exact translation from the german saying to english is correct, if you write phoenix with a big initial letter. So I changed it to Phoenix Very Happy Reason for that is that Phoenix in this case is a proper name...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rising from the ashes - a wrestling federation is born   Rising from the ashes - a wrestling federation is born Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rising from the ashes - a wrestling federation is born
Page 1 of 1